Such a beautiful compact tube radio, fully restored included cabinet pro restoration with original 2 color schema.
Made in the Year 1959 in Germany, This Turandot model is really a nice piece of radio thats why we did invest a lot of time for the cabinet and electronics restoration. A Compact radio with a sound like a " big one".
All features which a good tube radio from this time epoche must have , are here included. Sound register, Ferrite Antenna, a nice bass sound , magic eye etc.
Special is here also the wonderful half rounded cabinet design.
Please allow us one special note about the cabinet restoration:
#Tubes 6: ECC85 ECH81 EF89 EABC80 EM80 EL84
# Longwave, Middlewave,Shortwave & FM
# Soundregister- Bass Hall effects etc.
# Magic eye tube
# Built in transformator 110V - 220V also 240V possible
# Magic Eye
It shouldnt sound right now like a touch of arrogance, But we can tell you for sure , that you won't find a cabinet like this / 2 color shema , restored. We are doing these restoration jobs already many many years and even for us is it difficult enough to color a radio cabinet exactly in that way as Nordmende did it by factory
About this Offer ( Restoration Cabinet + Chassis) :
Cabinet got a full back to factory restoration procedure. We did remove the old damaged nitro varnish, repaired the veneer and built up the new laque coat.
The Radio is colored in the original procedure with particle color ( this assures you that
you see a identic see through effect to the wooden stains)
After all the radio got 5 final clear Coats in High glossy , sandpaper finish and a Full Pro Polish ( this takes many hours of time)
All Frames and knobs polished and "closed" with thin nitro coats.
This is a 2 color shema cabinet design...exactly done in the same procedure like nordmende did. This radio cabinet is not simply resprayed !
We did clean the grill clothing as it was possible...if you dont like it we can install you another one...not the same style but in good condition ( lets talk after the auction about it )
Chassis built out, all critical paper caps replaced with new ones, also electrolyds, new rectifier unit installed ( important for the anode voltage)
Some resistor was out of tolerance= replaced ;
Contacts inside the slider unit cleaned ( takes a lot of time )
Mechanics cleaned, new magic eye tube installed, EL 84 replaced , also EABC 80 tube replaced. Tube Socket of the ECC 85 replaced ( was not so repair anymore)
Pertinax platine cleaned, New Dial String installed